Minolta MD 35mm 1:2.8 Shift vs MD 35mm 1:2.8 – comparison
Minolta MD 35mm lenses – Minolta MD 35mm 1:2.8 Shift vs MD 35mm 1:2.8 – comparison:
- Minolta MD Shift CA 35mm 1:2.8 (MD III, New-MD)
- Minolta MD 35mm 1:2.8 (MD III, New-MD)
These lenses have the same technical parameters, so a battle would have looked fair if it had not been known earlier that New-MD 35mm 1:2.8 is one of the sharpest lenses in the world among all others.
|MD Shift CA 35mm 1:2.8||MD 35mm 1:2.8|
|Cosmetic Condition:||Near Mint||Near Mint|
This comparison is correct only for conditions and equipment used for tests. Test results can differ if any element is changed
Tested lenses reviews
Minolta MD 35mm 1:2.8 Shift vs MD 35mm 1:2.8 – comparison – sharpness/resolution
Long-distance test description
- Camera Sony A7II (24mpx, full frame) – RAW (ARW), tripod, A-mode, ISO 100, WB fixed, SteadyShot OFF, manual focus correction for every shot
- Targets (buildings) – fixed by gravity power on the distances in more than 200 meters
- ARW post-processing – Capture One, default settings, 100% crops 300×200 px
The conclusion is very simple – the Shift CA lens hasn’t a chance against the monster MDIII 35/2.8 from the sharpness point of view. A little note: sharpness is just one of the possible parameters of lenses.