Minolta MC Rokkor PF 85mm 1:1.7 vs. MD 85mm 1:2.0 – comparison
Minolta SR 85mm lenses comparison:
- Minolta MD 85mm 1:2.0 (MD III)
- Minolta MC Rokkor PF 85mm 1:1.7 (MC II)
Monster’s battle – both lenses are legendary.
This comparison is correct only for conditions and equipment used for tests. Test results may differ if any element is changed
Tested lenses reviews
Minolta SR 85mm lenses comparison – sharpness/resolution
Long-distance test description
- Camera Sony A7II (24mpx, full frame) – RAW (ARW), tripod, A-mode, ISO 100, WB fixed, SteadyShot OFF, manual focus correction for every shot
- Targets (buildings) – fixed by gravity power on the distances in more than 200 meters
- ARW post-processing – Capture One, default settings, 100% crops 300×200 px
Minolta SR 85mm lenses comparison – test results
- Center: Minolta MD 85mm 1:2.0 is better if wide-open. Both became the same at F2.8
- Middle: Minolta MD 85mm 1:2.0 is better up to F4. Both became the same at F5.6
- Corner: Here are the very mixed results, so, better to say that both are close the same without noticeable advantages of anyone.
There are no surprises, we already know that Minolta MC Rokkor PF 85mm 1:1.7 has a little lack of resolution in the center on F1.7 and in the middle up to F2.8 and it has no chance to win the battle with famous ‘crispy’ from New-MD generation.
So, Minolta MD 85mm 1:2.0 has won.